View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 2:00 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
I grew up incredibly close to this building, and am still in the neighborhood a couple times a week, and can say, this neighborhood is hilariously underdeveloped.

UPS and FedEx have huge footprints in this neighborhood, and right behind this building UPS owns and operates a sorting facility as big as this building. I can't believe that site hasn't been redeveloped, but there are probably close to a dozen sites currently occupied by forgettable garbage that are primed for redevelopment. This is going up right in the middle of the neighborhood and is probably halfway up already. Tons more development in this corner of the city to come.

A lot of it has to do with zoning. I know the city rezoned the Hudson Square area a few years ago. But a lot of those large buidings would simply be adapted for office use.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.