View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2010, 6:36 PM

i still would have preferred stratus properties. too bad though... such a waste of a beautiful design. that 600' footer would've been a landmark building... very modern. the whole design really captured the idea of what austin is trying to be. i believe had that design been chosen downtown would've been a thriving one rivaling the best not only in texas but in the nation. and i'm not just talking skyline-wise here. i don't understand why they chose the trammel crowe properties... the designs look very uninspiring. unlike stratus designs which were modern, original, provided density a la vancouver and were "greenhouse" friendly just the same... trammel crowe on the other hand seemed like they just wanted to go with the taller and cheaper designs with no density or creativity or anything really. and the whole h-e-b idea would've been great. just walking distance from lamar and whole foods headquarters. what a shame. i really hope trammel crowe does some good with their designs and hopefully will be much different than the original ones. either way that stratus 600' footer still would've been a great wonder to look at in our skyline. what a shame.