View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 18, 2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredH View Post
1957 - Right to left, looking north up South Grand Avenue: the 1940 Avalon Apartments at 144, the circa 1890 Richelieu Hotel at 142, the 1881
or 1887 Melrose Hotel at 130 and the 1890-91 Melrose Annex at 120. Note the construction of the Superior Court across First Street.

Seeing the Avalon reminded me of the famous Bunker Hill video we've seen here before but is worth mentioning again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-I2kLNwBak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_in_Texas View Post
Hmmm.........First time I've been considered wrong for agreeing with someone. And by the way all '55-'56 Buicks, aside from Roadmaster, had model identities on their rear quarter panels, or doors if a 4 door model, even the lowly Special. Feel free to consult pages 11-21 through pages 11-28 of the Catalog of American Cars 1950-59.

Not going to get into a pissing match with you on a subject irrelevant to the thread, but as you know, my response was to your original, unedited post in which you disagreed with me about the identification of the '55 Buick ("GW, you're not going to like this" etc). If you want top car-expert honors, they're yours. Let's move on.