View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 13, 2020, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
The local media outlets really love to turn some minor thing into a huge deal. The biggest example of that was Justin Trudeau's visit to O'Doughnuts. One guy on Twitter with like a dozen followers griped about it online, and then Global tried to make it sound like there was some kind of nationwide backlash over it.

Same thing with the Skinners situation. They're trying to make a story out of nothing. Elisha Dacey of Global was gloating about it online which was in very poor taste. I mean, I guess she's happy that she broke the doughnut and wiener stories, but those stories are basically just pitting people against each other for the sake of clicks. It's no different than the schoolyard antics we all remember when someone would try to goad kids into fighting each other... "wellll did you hear what they said about YOU????" I wish the local news media was responsible enough to not actively promote conflict... but I suppose when you don't have the resources to engage in real journalism, this is what you are reduced to.
AMEN brother!! TESTIFY!!