View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 4, 2015, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post

The suite has now been on market for 4.5 weeks for the +35% markup price and there has been very little interest towards it. Soon after they listed it for the first time there was supposed to have been "lots of interested viewers", but surprisingly every single one of them cancelled just 15 minutes before the scheduled viewing. We called their BS on that case, but after that there has actually been three couples to see the place. I don't think two of the couples were serious at all and the third viewer made a pass on it.

I can imagine their desperation growing every day and we have already heard comments like "we would love to keep you if you just change your mind" from the rental agent. It is definitely a different tone than earlier, but we are not budging with our best offer. I think both we and them will run out of time and we have to schedule a move-out crew next week (already quite late!). We have not found anything nice enough or worth the prices people are asking, so we are now considering moving to a furnished suite for few months. It is double the hassle, but will allow us keep looking without being against an immovable deadline like we currently are.
With the unit overpriced, it'll just end up sitting. There could a possibility that the rental agent inflated the rent figures just to get the owner to let them manage the place. Similar to a realtor giving the seller a higher than market value of their home so the owners would let them list the property.

Someone with that much $ to spend on a luxury condo would probably be in no hurry to rent it lower and can afford to wait it out. I would stand firm on your price and not budge. Also I wouldn't want to go back as these people aren't even reasonable to deal with in the first place.