View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
NFL Owners decide which city gets an NFL team. I doubt Jerry Jones will allow a major Cowboys fanbase like the one in San Antonio to disappear. On the other hand, Major League Baseball would do very well in San Antonio. We can always team up with Austin to build a stadium in San Marcos. Both SA & Austin growing metros combined are over 4 million. San Marcos can be what Arlington is to the Rangers.
Agree with you Re the NFL, but I disagree with you on MLB. Not the point about SA supporting and MLB team, but that we have to share with Austin. San Antonio can support major sports, and we don't need the Austin factor to be viable.

This is getting to seem defeatist. "We need Austin to agree to a regional airport"; "We need Austin for a major sports franchise"; We need Austin...ad nauseum".

As a couple of our posters point out, whom I probably don't agree with on much, we are not Austin. They don't want to blend South, and I don't want to blend North.

So, can we stop with the "regional" nonsense, and try to be a city of San Antonio, by San Antonio?