View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 20, 2012, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copes View Post
On a visit this weekend, my parents brought me a Banana Republic shirt from the outlet in Halifax. Apparently, when asked about a return, the clerk told them an outlet would be opening here within 90 days. Another clerk then butted in and said she thought the outlet was delayed, and wouldn't be here that soon.

None the less, it looks like Banana Republic might be on the way. I for one am very pleased about that.
^^^^ Hmm... it does sound promising! I'd love for a BR (and Tommy Hilfiger) outlet to come to St. John's. However, I'm a little reluctant to get my hopes up until something official is announced. Retail locations always seem subject to change quite often. But hey, BR employees would definitely know more about new locations than me...

As for the H&M, if this was announced on the radio I would give it some credit for sure. A couple of months back a writer for The Scope contacted H&M and inquired about a potential opening in St. John's. Their response indicated they did not have planned openings in 2012 but (of course) that could change. Here is a link to the discussion:

http://thescope.ca/wha/is-hm-coming-to-st-johns