View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 2:31 PM

Thanks for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
Is this not the Inland Empire? I thought the Inland Empire was all those cities and towns east of those little mountains east of Los Angeles.
The San Gabriel Valley is not part of the Inland Empire.

The Inland Empire starts east of the county lines, namely, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. Some people in LA proper think places like Diamond Bar and Walnut are part of the Inland Empire because they're in the 909 area code, but they're still in LA County. How Diamond Bar and Walnut are ambiguous is whether they're truly in the San Gabriel Valley, or in the Pomona Valley. My partner and I have had this discussion about Pomona; I could be wrong, but I think of the Pomona Valley as being a smaller sub-valley within the San Gabriel Valley, if that makes sense, but again, I could be wrong.

Even Claremont is ambiguous to some; to me, it's in the San Gabriel Valley, but some people consider Claremont to be Inland Empire, even though it's in Los Angeles County. My partner considers Claremont to be part of the Pomona Valley.

But Sierra Madre is definitely not part of the Inland Empire; it borders Pasadena, which is very San Gabriel Valley, and very LA County---Pasadena even borders the city of Los Angeles.

~ Charles Bukowski

Last edited by sopas ej; Jan 29, 2020 at 3:28 PM.