View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2007, 5:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastarkus View Post
Don't bank on support from Austin. Remember a few years back when your town leaders tried to steal our arena football team? I do and I'm sure the sports community will, too.
Arena football is about the equivalent of the WNBA. I don't remember this and seriously doubt it ever happened. I'm sure Arena football is still looking to expand...willingly.

Town..er city leaders actively involved in trying to lure an arena football team? That's like having a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a Stein-Mart

Most people could care less about arena football. Most of the sports community could care less about arena football. Most arena football players could care less about arena football. Please tell me that you're kidding

This may be the most ridiculous argument I have ever seen. It has to be. I couldn't imagine a worse one or my head would explode. The Austin battle cry: "Remember our Arena football team" You sure it wasn't Round Rock?

If SA ever got an NFL team (and that's a big IF) I'm sure Austin NFL fans would make the trip to see a game if their favorite player or team was playing. "Wow, I only have to drive 80 miles to see my favorite team play. But I'm not going because they tried to take away our ARENA FOOTBALL TEAM. Long live the boycott!" Unbelievable!

Unless a team is truly regional (like between San Marcos & New Braunfels), you'd better depend on your own city for support. Would people from SA support an Austin NFL team? About as much as Austin supports the Spurs. It's there, but you can't depend on the support to be that strong.

Last edited by kornbread; Feb 10, 2007 at 2:39 PM.