View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 7, 2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
I find that so infuriating.

At minimum, we're bringing people over here and not providing the support they need. Assuming he has no mental illnesses, etc. - how did he get here and end up in circumstances that would necessitate this type of attack? Does he need food? Shelter? Money? Drugs? What? We can debate what conditions we want to put in place for newcomers we bring here - but once they're here, they're us. We can't be having people that vulnerable falling through the cracks.
There are bad people too, bad people from here and bad people from away ... random stabbing .. I have zero pity for him .. no matter where he came from ... you don't do that here.. if he's messed up and needs help .. we have many many many programs and institutions to help people and he can access it just like anyone else ..

I understand people "fall through cracks" but come on .. he stabbed someone that was just walking down the street We live in Newfoundland not in Latin America or Africa .. there's help and support for people here if they want to access it