View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 20, 2015, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
I guess the way I worded it didn't make my point clear. I meant that the renderings make it appear that they will remove the existing retail space in the smaller buildings on the right next to Solo Serve, and turn that space into entrance and exit ramps for the garage. So while there will be restaurant space on the river level (which is nice) and maybe in the beautiful old building on the corner, there will also be a loss of existing retail space (although the retail space that gets taken away is currently vacant anyway).

Don't get me wrong... I think this building is a plus overall and makes a pretty good use of space.
When I read your post I figured that you were talking about the retail space in the Book Building. As for the frontage along Soledad...It looks like they would be keeping the facades of two of those buildings, it will be interesting to see what they do with those store fronts. As for Solo Serve, there are not too many redeeming qualities there. It would be nice to see more allocated space for retail; especially on Soledad, but a hotel squeezed onto a site like this needs vehicular access somehow.