View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
In one of the comments made on the new Frost Tower: "Shouldn't the new Frost Bank skyscraper be taller?". A comment made in response to the lack of development and disapproval of the many highrises that have some to the attention of HDRC. Also, the Grand Hyatt- it went through years of development hell as a result of its hight and "glass". HDRC did not want the new hotel to supass the Tower of Americas. In addition are the many restrictions in and around the Alamo complex. If this were a research article and part of something for work, I would make time to point to the many relevant and contradicting statements (the comment section) made in many of the HDRC final reports.
How does the comment made by the vice chair of the HDRC that the Frost tower should be taller support your claim that the HDRC is opposed to taller buildings? I will pay you five million internet bucks if you can make me understand.

To keep on topic, that is a very plain building. I hope their landscaping plan is as ambitious as the renderings.