View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 6:10 PM
Master and Commander

You know Munich is very similar to Calgary in many ways.. One of them being the Chinook as Muncheners get the German version of these from the Alps.
I too agree Munich is leaps over Calgary but good on her to identify some things which we locals may never have considered, like nose hill..
MUC is relatively a flat city where YYC does have its share of hills and valleys offering up nice vantage points. The only elevated city shots i have seen of MUC is from their Olympiaturm or one of their many onion domed cathedrals.

Secondly, both cities hold each year the greatest outdoor show on earth!
Oktoberfest = 17 million visitors vs Stampede 1.1 million visitors. (though 10 day vs like 17 days)
Oktoberfest is the worlds largest beer festival and their midway is pure german engineering whose coaster caliber rivals that of theme parks, or West Ed Mall's Mindbender.
Beer tents there are a league on its own where our Cowboys or Nashville North can't match up to in terms of capacity and quality of booze. Though vibe and purposed themes are similar which related to our history.

There was another article mentioning Calgary (well a calgary based company) but was published in a rather negative light by the Wash. Post... Mind if I plug that in??
Don't want to be dissing my own city but it was kind of a shocking read.