View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 5:12 PM
Old Fart Forumer

Here's a proposed waterfront development in Ithaca which kind of surprises me with its size. Seems ambitious, but I'm not complaining. Of course now comes the approval process. Hope I'm around long enough to see it.

From the Ithaca City Planning and Development Board Meeting Agenda for January 24th, 2012:

E. Pier Road Properties (Johnson Boatyard Site), Jeff Cleveland, Applicant & Owner.   Intent to Declare Lead
Agency. The applicant is proposing to redevelop the 7.8‐acre site currently containing Johnson Boatyard and
four one‐story metal buildings.   The proposed project is mixed‐use housing and commercial/retail with 11
three‐story attached townhouses totaling 62,000 gross SF, 5 five‐story buildings with a total of 130‐150 units
with 230,000 GSF, including 15,000 GSF of ground floor commercial space.    290 parking spaces will be
provided on‐street, in a surface lot fronting Pier Road and ground floor parking in all but one residential
structure.   The site will be accessed from one curbcut on Willow Avenue and two on Pier Road, as well as a
proposed roundabout at the terminus of Pier Road which is partially on City property.   Internal circulation
includes a tree line street extending the length of the project, sidewalks, a plaza, a publicly accessible
waterfront promenade, and a pier along Cascadilla Creek.   The project includes removal and rebuilding of
existing seawall and the retention of 115 boat slips.  Site development will require the demolition of 4 of the
existing buildings, removal of all paving and vegetation, and the possible relocation of NYSEG power lines.  
The project is in the WF‐1 Zoning District.  This is a Type I Action under both the City of Ithaca Environmental
Quality Review Ordinance and the State Environmental Quality Review Act and is subject to environmental
review.    This project potentially requires permits from the Canal Corporation and/or DEC, as well as
coordination with the City to resolve issues with utility easements and make improvements on public property.

Here's the link:

http://www.egovlink.com/public_docum...%20Meeting.pdf

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare