View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 15, 2007, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Back to the question of a shifting downtown. Good question. I "think" it will balance out in the long run. Don't forget there is a great deal of new ( and planned) development on the east end as well. Joining the Milago soon will be the Shore, Legacy, Hotel Van Zandt, 21c, Red River Lofts, The Orsay, 5th and Sabine conversion, Brazos Lofts conversion..... and that;s off the top of my head. I "think" that with so much going on the east edge of downtown and the growing population east of 35 that we will no longer have such a small "center" of downtown. It seems to be speading in all directions! I like the fact that different areas of the CDB actually have different feelings.....

thoughts?
I completely agree. Actually, I was thinking the same thing a few days ago when the article came out, but didn't have the energy to express those thoughts in writing. I definitely think the "heart" of downtown was overstated in the article. Probably just a nice catch phrase to use, the author probably really didn't give it much consideration. The heart of downtown is always going to mean different things to different people.