View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 12, 2009, 6:24 AM
BANNED

^^^ Not really, but I thought I'd have some fun and personify it. That was not meant to be offensive to anyone, just to be accurate. No matter how much the stereotype of manliness may be offensive to someone, the Sears was still intended to and does embody those characteristics. It is not a feminine form by any means and to re-skin it in a more "elegant" curtain would be attempting to put a dress on a body builder, it would just look funny even if you could make something designed for a person with curves and boobs fit on someone whose body gets constantly wider as it nears the top. It would just look silly...

Is it necessary to repeat the manly musings about the City of Chicago from our past? It is necessary to call it "the city of broad shoulders" or "Hog Butcher to the World"? No, but that's what it is, you can't deny the past or the masculine personification of this place.

Btw, I'm just about as non-manly as a guy can get, scrawny ass college student who could bench maybe 60 pounds if I even knew what benching meant or what a relatively low weight to be able to bench was...