View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 19, 2010, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
That depends on when UFL plays its games. Its likely they won't schedule many games on saturdays for the precise reason that they won't want to compete with college football, because they know they'd lose. Most the markets listed in the above articles have div I football or, in the case of Omaha, are in close proximity to it, so I'd think UFL would be pretty mindful of catching potential crowds when college teams aren't playing.

And in any case, I think there's enough pent-up football energy in SA to support both college and minor league football.

I understand what you are saying, but my post wasn't directed at whether SA can financially support the UFL and college football, but rather that whether their games are on M, T, W, Th, F, S, or Su, people are less likely to go to both events. Both UFL and UTSA will be marketing hard because they will both be upstarts. UTSA is going to need all of the money and attention they can to get to where they want to be.

I really hope that a UFL team wouldn't affect it much. I wouldn't expect it to hurt it too much unless the UFL is able catch some momentum over the next couple of years.

I'm sure that most people are more interested in UTSA football.