View Single Post
Old Posted May 22, 2019, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post
^^Nit-picking. Regina's getting worried Saska-ontop is looking bigger at every turn. As they should;>)
ntl, love your contributions, Stormer!
If you are referring to me, yes I live in Regina, I am not one of those who see it as a Regina-Saskatoon competition. Growth in Saskatoon can only be good news for the whole Province including Regina. I am also a former resident of Saskatoon and own a house and business there. I have a warm place in my heart for Saskatoon.

Saskatoon is definitely doing better than Regina right now. Regina is being held back by Government/Crown Corp retrenchment as well as the slump in the oil sector. The Provincial Government minus healthcare (which has a much larger presence in Saskatoon) has been retracting as a share of the overall economy for decades.

Regina has its own advantages including the presence of some big private companies such as Evraz Steel, Mosaic, Viterra, Co-op Refinery Complex and AGT Foods. Still, I do not see Regina as keeping pace with Saskatoon as we are just too dependent on Government which is going to continue to languish.