View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2007, 6:04 PM
if I sang out of tune

its neither a sellers nor a buyers market, its a middlemans rule. For example the ENTIRE Victoria line, with all stations running, took 7 years to build in the 1970s. Fast forward to the millennium and ONE 3 level escalator at Tottenham Ct Rd station takes 12 years to repair.

Imagine walking up and down on your daily commute FOR TWELVE FECKIN YEARS. The corruption is phenomenal - the builders were of course, charging us taxpayers by the hour.
Yep, for twelve years.

Other examples include refitting a school toilet block costs $400,000. The planning stage alone + 'call out fees' costs us $40,000. Similarly changing a single lightbulb in a public office costs $120.

Dontcha just !LOVE big business?

and blow me, how can one 7 storey office block + underground station refit opposite Big ben cost over $1 billion (more than the new WTC).

...and dont even get me started on the bastards that rob the NHS...
The largest single project on in London is not the Olympic Stadium, it's a 'super'hospital (read: hospital) that will cost over $2 billion. The largest in the country at the mo is the upgrading of the London-Glasgow train line to high speed. It will cost more than the entire Channel Tunnel compex- $36 billion FOR ONE TRAIN TRACK. THATiS ALREADY FECKIN THERE.

Last edited by muppet; Mar 6, 2007 at 6:15 PM.