View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 12, 2018, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRG1974 View Post
As someone has mentioned, why do we keep comparing ourselves to Austin? Is it purely that it is close. People keep talking about Austin like everything going on there is great. San Antonio has a history like few cities west of the Mississippi. There is no town in Texas, that could have a place like the Pearl. There is a lot of history, we should do a better job of embracing it.

As for a tall building in San Antonio, I just hope that we don't get something like Oklahoma City. The Devon Tower is beautiful, but it completely obliterates the rest of their downtown. There is no harmony. San Antonio is a slow growing city, so we should use that to our advantage. If we do get a tall building, it needs to be able to blend in better with the skyline. We should take our time and get it right. There is a parking lot at Broadway and 3rd that I think would be a great place for a tall building. Coming from the airport, it would sit nicely in the middle of the skyline. It would bookend the business district with the Frost Tower on the west and this one on the east. It would help to frame in Travis Park and give it a little more life and purpose. It would look great come down Broadway, and it would look great behind the Christmas tree if they keep it in Travis Park.

Those are my thoughts...
Yep, I agree so much with this. I really don't think SA's tallest should be some boring blue glass thing. Frost is great because it's not super tall and adds variety.

SA's colors seem to be Red, purple, yellow, and a Brown....