View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2013, 1:49 PM
Old Fart Forumer

Something different, an article about a place in my old hood to eat and socialize when the bars close. It wasn't there when I lived in C-town, so I can't vouch for the food. From the Cornell Sun:

Students say Collegetown Pizza has become a staple of nightlife at Cornell.
Photo: Riley Yuan / Sun Contributing Photographer

Collegetown Pizza an Essential Part of Any Night, Student Say

SEPTEMBER 24, 2013 12:07 AM
By SARAH CUTLER

A year after Collegetown Pizza moved into a bigger space on Dryden Road, some students say the restaurant has become Collegetown’s “after-party” — the place to go when bars close, parties are over and students are hungry.
Students say Collegetown Pizza has become a staple of nightlife at Cornell.
“Late at night, it’s loud there. It is exploding — there’s like 200 people there,” Alejandro Perez ’15 said. “When all the bars close, that’s where everything is. That’s where we regroup.”
That was not the case at the restaurant’s old location at 401 College Ave., Perez said. The new location is larger, more centrally located and has picnic tables outside, making it a good location for meeting up with friends, according to Devon Horton ’15.
“I live right down the street [from CTP] on Collegetown Plaza, so whenever I’m walking home from Collegetown, I see friends at CTP,” she said.
Horton added that she has recently seen CTP become more popular during the day too.
“I definitely see more people there all the time,” she said.
Mike Herman ’15 said he sees the restaurant as a “co-destination,” somewhere he goes to with the intention of going out somewhere else later that night.
Will Moore ’16 also said CTP has “definitely” become its own scene — one he frequents during weekend journeys from his fraternity’s house on West Campus, where he lives, to Collegetown.
“I go early in the evening, because it gets way too crowded later on, and it’s a little less crowded beforehand,” he said.
He is not the only one trying to beat the crowds: Darah Barnes ’15, who lives on Dryden Road, said CTP is “a destination” for her friends. Barnes and her friends aim to arrive earlier in the evening, when fewer people are there.
Still, most students — especially those living in Collegetown — head to CTP later in the evening, after they have already been out elsewhere, according to Dan Cohanpour ’15.
“People go to bars, they party and then they come to CTP, eat and hang out with friends,” he said. “If you’re in the Collegetown area, you go for a late-night CTP, but it’s not something you trek for.”
Laila Judeh ’16 echoed Cohanpour’s sentiments, saying CTP is a popular venue for people who have been out for the night.
“It’s a place I go after a night out, usually once a weekend,” she said. “There’s always a party there.”
Though students say the Collegetown staple has become much more popular, Michelle Green, the owner of Acute Style — located two doors up from the restaurant — said there does not seem to have been much of an increase in noise on Dryden Road since CTP moved in. She said she has seen more foot traffic in the area, however, particularly late at night.
Caleb Balbera ’16 said he believes students are attracted to the restaurant’s location more than its food since there are not many other places to gather late at night.
“I think any place open at 3 a.m. will get people to go there because it’s better than hanging out on the streets of Collegetown,” Balbera said.

Here's the link:
http://cornellsun.com/blog/2013/09/2...-students-say/

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare