View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 6, 2018, 3:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Micah, you took a lot of time and effort to compile. I respect that. However, there are some things I personally take issue with. I should say I have no horse in the race of is SA world class. That’s subjective and will be a yes or no for so many people. My opinion is unimportant in this. However, the criteria you’ve come up with is sketchy. My two main problems with your criteria are crime and air quality.

Crime.

If crime were a component for how you achieve world class status, then Chicago would never be able to call itself world class. Neither would Los Angeked or Mexico City or many other places. Crime and world class stayed are not mutually exclusive.

Also, as stated in your links, the title of number one in the nation for violent crime is VERY misleading simply because it was only for the top 15 cities, not all cities. The second issue is more semantic than anything, but it was regarding serious crime, not violent crime. There’s a distinction, but it’s not that big an issue.

Air quality.

I’m not at all sure what air quality has to do with being a world class city. Los Angels, Mexico City, Singapore, Beijing, Mumbai, etc suffer from some of the worst air quality on the planet. Dallas and Houston have worst air and so much so if your vehicle is registered in those cities, you have to have get a vehicle emissions inspection yearly. Actually, San Antonio is the only large city in Texas that does not require a vehicle emissions inspection.

In my personal opinion, most of the things you wrote about, don’t matter when it comes to being precieved as world class. Not even remotely.

World class is more about your importance to the world on both an economic and cultural level. Those are the two measurements which determine how you’re precieved on the world stage.

VERY WELL WRITTEN!
Totally agree!

IMO
SAN ANTONIO IS A UNIQUE, HISTORICAL,WORLD CLASS CITY!!

GREAT PLACE TO LIVE!!!