View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2018, 5:34 PM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerellO View Post
Seriously. One of the main reasons people in this city choose to drive is because our transit system isn’t reliable and attractive... driving a car here is still much more attractive and honestly.. faster. We don’t have the same traffic and congestion like NYC or LA to the point we’re a Subway is faster or is a better experience than driving. I’ve taken the trolley to go to the gym and it took me 2 hours when it only takes me 20 min driving.
That's your reality. No everyone else's. Someone may work, live and gym downtown, and they don't need a car or want to have to pay higher rent for a parking space they don't need. We should have more options for people, and encourage folks who live in urban spaces to use their cars less or not at all. It's better for the environment, our health and the climate. And a reminder all housing built downtown within the last 40 years has required parking and then some. We are not under-parked, we are the exact opposite. This project would provide a great alternative and we shouldn't NIMBY it because it may not fit our own lifestyle choices.