View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2018, 3:17 PM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.DviaPhilly View Post
To each his own, 200sqft is a box - a kitchen, and living space in that amount of square footage is called a box. And climate friendly, what does that mean? This is a quick buck for the developer and that is it. The first rendering of the project showed the yellow house gone, but that house has to stay so now they just built around it. Developer said he thinks the city may move the historic Victorian home on the corner to fit this project. The city will not let him move the crappy yellow house, but he thinks they will move the Victorian - ok?!?! There is not enough room on that parcel for this building. Also, "transit rich" describing downtown is a pretty big reach. I barely drive (< less than 10,000 miles/year) but I still need a place to park my car when I am not driving, just like most people who live downtown.
Climate friendly as in encouraging alternative transportation use and discouraging SOV car use, which is the cause of nearly 40% of greenhouse gas emissions in this state. IMO No one should have the right to a parking space, especially downtown. If live downtown and own a vehicle, pay for a parking space at a lot or garage, or better yet, don't own one and save the cash and climate, use the robust transit options and take advantage of the neighborhood amenities instead of driving to far flung strip malls. Just because you don't want to live in this project doesn't mean you should stop others from having the opportunity. That's why we are in this housing crisis.