View Single Post
Old Posted May 13, 2018, 4:59 AM

[QUOTE=

The infill that North Park Wizard just posted in East Village is built on top of that shitty little yellow "Historic Home" some people may challenge because it is being built on top of it so that project is not a go yet just saw article on it in UT today. That house is a peace of crap can't believe what gets designated as historic. Especially when there is the gem of a historic residence right next to it on the corner who the hell would pay attention to the little yellow cottage in the back.

Will O' Wisp: Have you heard anything about Bosa moving forward with Pacific Highway and Broadway? I hope that one gets going soon not sure how much a gap filler it would be. Would you guys rather have Manchesters Project with the tall towers to the South and lowers stuff to North (opposite of how it is arranged)? I think for skyline purposes it would be better.[/QUOTE]

That infill project in East Village is shittier than that yellow house. Its a joke really. No parking with the project and there is already two buildings being renovated that offer no parking on that block. Plus the space seems to small to accommodate a building like that, it really encroaches on the beautiful historic home that the developer said may be moved (yeah right). The building offers 200-400sqft boxes with common area showers and only 6 of the 48 are designated low income. This is a developer trying to do the bare minimum and make a quick buck. I get we need housing especially more affordable units but we deserve buildings that do more than the bare minimum requires.

As for Bosa, was at the Savina sales center and Pacific Gate Building today. Savina is almost 50% sold out and Pacific Gate is around 70% sold out so the units are moving. When I was there, I did ask the sales people that work there what lot is next to be developed and asked if the lot across the street would be it. Salesperson said probably not, because that building would directly compete with sales at Pacific Gate. The Block is going up now at 8th and Boradway and is Bosa's first rental building ever. My guess would be a lot in East Village will be next on the docket for development so it will not be competing with P.G or Savina.