View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 29, 2009, 3:43 AM
Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Doing something about the defeated and lost people, of course, never coming up on your agenda, and the fact that people ask for change in the downtown of every city is also totally lost on you. I'm sorry the world has yet to align itself to your vision of perfection. Poverty kind of isn't something that goes away by itself.
While your point is all well and good, it still doesn't make Portage Place any better to shop in or enjoy a coffee. Its not a complant against Winnipeg, it does exist in every city. I don't have a problem with the world either, but I tend to be a little selective, especially when I want to relax with a good cup of joe in Winnipeg, Calgary, Toronto, NYC, Chicago, New Orleans, ... or anywhere else.

My point was that the mall failed in reviving downtown as it was touted to do during its development and when it becomes a heritage building at some point I will be rolling my eyes as to its worthiness. With that said someone 50 years from now someone will say it needs to be protected because its old.

Last edited by newflyer; Aug 29, 2009 at 4:02 AM.