View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 31, 2009, 2:15 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Any renderings of the PAC?

I never liked any of the previous designs. I love the current WTC plan! The towers each have their own 'spotlight' which creates variety around the site. The way they're laid out is perfect!

The Freedom Tower has an amazing design imo! It's very classy, simple, has an overpowering feeling to it and looks very sleep from some angles.

2WTC is pretty cool too. I love the shape, very different from many American skyscrapers. The only thing I don't like is that the solid black trading floors were removed. I really liked the way it separated the tower's sections.

3WTC looks better than 2WTC in my opinion. It's also very different from something that would be built in America. I could see it in Hong Kong or Shanghai. It's an amazing design! The exposed steel creates details for the entire site which the Freedom Tower and 2WTC lack.

Tower 4 looks pretty good imo. I love the simplicity of it and it looks like a cousin of 7WTC. I really don't get why people hate on it so much. It's an amazing tower. It helps to balance the hard, heavy metals of Tower 3. The facade will create some amazing reflections of nearby buildings! And like the Freedom Tower, it has a powerful presence which says, "I'm here".

Overall I'm pretty happy with our current plan. The towers balance each other out. The only problem I have is the memorial. I still feel like something better could've been done. The fountains are amazing but the plaza/park could use more. Maybe a small building or something.