View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 12, 2012, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eburress View Post
I wonder why they went to the trouble to get a height variance for this project if it was only going to be 20 stories. Perhaps they had since scaled back the project's scope, or perhaps they do eventually intend to include the currently scrapped condo aspect of the project, and that tower will be the possible 375 ft.

In any case, I really like this project/building and think it will energize the entire area. I think everyone had very big expectations for the building itself, and while it may not be the iconic structure a lot of people were hoping for, I still like it.
Don't know if you read Dallasmetropolis, but a lot of the drama can be deduced by reading this building's thread and others around it. In summary, there are some fierce residential associations in that vicinity. Keep in mind, that this is a pretty large block. No way that tower takes up the whole thing.

As for the structure, it may not be tall but the structures is very unique and certainly unlike anything in Dallas or maybe Texas for that matter. Would love to see a model or 3d rendering just to study how the shape comes together. I would guess if they ever do the condo project(if they can get past the folks at 1999 McKinney) I would guess it will play off of that shape. I would bet it would sell quickly based off the surrounding buildings.