View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 10:39 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless 1 View Post
Hard to act as companions without access. Residents might want to eat at those restaurants as well as the tourists. A good business accommodates both.

I'd imagine most on the river level on the Museum Reach are local residents, as well as the Mission Reach. I'd also wager that those same residents eat, drink, dance, whatever.

What's more, is they likely live in the area, and might not want to hike to the nearest street access to dine or revel. River access for the businesses would be a plus. You say the Pearl is thriving, and it is, but river access would enhance that.

I understand you're saying that the activity on the Museum Reach is mostly local, and I agree, but several locals on this board have stated a preference for river access to the businesses on this stretch. Small indicator, sure, but worthy of consideration.

ETA: The transformation of the River from a ditch to world renowned destination is part of our history. Don't dismiss that so casually.
I never said there's no access to these businesses. There's literally access to The Luxury, Garden Inn, SAMA, Pearl, Etc. the connectivity I speak of is the River level entrances or patios to the hotel or restaurant or club or whatever. The things that take up a majority of space on the Riverwalk downtown.

Trust me, the way the museum reach connects to the street level is not taking away from the restaurants or businesses for the tourists or locals.