View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 5, 2023, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoflyzone View Post
Yes. They've increased service to YVR, YUL and YYZ for the last couple of peak winters I believe. I wouldn't expect anything else to Canada besides that for a little bit.

Adding an extra rotation during a few weeks in Dec/Jan isn't the same as adding a whole new route, year round, especially from a secondary Mexican market.
For YVR, it's more than a few weeks actually.

S22: 2x daily Apr, 3x daily May-Oct
W22: 2x daily Nov, 3x daily Dec-Jan, 2x daily Feb-Mar
S23: 3x daily Apr-Oct
W23: 2x daily Nov, 3->4x daily Dec-Jan, 3x daily Feb-Mar
S24: 3x daily Apr-

So compare to last winter, YVR will get an additional flight from Dec 1 to the end of the W23 season. The question is would YVR keep that additional flight for next summer, or if AM want to fly 4x daily on a route, or split it 3/1 to a different route.

But AM is probably mostly going for connecting traffic though, and it have monopoly of those traffic out of YVR for central and South America for everyone who don't wish to connect in US or go out of the way to connect at YYZ/YUL and possibly connect again in South America. Unlike YYZ/YUL, CM and DM are not an option at YVR. So not sure if secondary Mexican destination is any good for that, since their network there is quite limited.

Speaking of CM, looks like they are increasing YYZ/YUL to daily starting March(?) I believe...

Last edited by nname; Nov 5, 2023 at 9:39 PM.