View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 15, 2011, 3:37 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadpcarey View Post
Hey guys! It's been totally un-fun over the last 3 years (you may have heard something about a few problems in real estate capital markets) but we've managed to keep the project alive. We'll make a more formal announcement soon, but I'm looking forward to starting construction on 1800 late this year (in conjunction with a larger multi-family development company).

I remain totally excited about the future of this neighborhood. There's lots of cool things happening. And, the best part is they're all (Pearl, 1221, Mosaic) happening with local folks (who love SA).

And thanks for the kind words about the Monterey! It's been great so far - introduce yourself the next time you make it in.

Chad.
AWESOME!!!

I remember how disappointed you were a few years ago when you couldn't get the funding because of the crash. Glad it's a 180 now.

Quick question[s].

What about the Southtown/SoFlo area development across from La Tuna. Do you guys still own it or did your sale the property? If you still own it are the plans still on for the mixed-use development? That's another area with new residential construction popping up. Very nice bookends (Southtown/SoFlo and Pearl/Lower Broadway).

Second question.

Are there any concrete plans to redo the Broadway streetscape? Or will that have to wait for funding or for when the street car line is built?

Thanks.