Thread: North Side
View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 20, 2009, 2:49 PM

sorry if i offend anybody here but the problem with the north end is a aboriginal problem in that a large segement of native men just don't want to get an education. If you think this is just a racist rant i am putting out there your wrong because last month former grand chief ovide mercredi said himself that native men are not being real men they have to go to school and find work, but they just seem to have no ambition. I am not saying all natives are like this but I would sadly have to say just by what I see that the majority of natives are not using common sense. It makes no sense for young native girls having 7 kids by age 23 and living in housing projects. It makes no sense on some reserves having only 1-2 sometimes no high school graduates at all. Combined with aboriginals trying to leave their reserves for a better life in the city only to find the north end as a home where you know nobody and all of a sudden a gang doesn't look so bad. There are plenty of programs already out there for aboriginals especially regarding education but the native population has to have the ambition to want to go to school!