View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 17, 2018, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Yeah we don't quite have a walkable "brewery district" yet, but on the SW Beltline there are going to be three or four in a row. You'll have Monday Night, Wild Heaven, Best End, and Hop City (not a brewery, but should be excellent) in a one block stretch of trail, and Lean Drafthouse is just up the trail.
Yeah this is definitely the closest thing to it so far. Decatur and Avondale has a decent selection as well.

Best brewpubs and beer bars along the EST are Wrecking Bar and The Porter, but not exactly close to each other or near other walkable neighborhoods. I'm hoping we see a handful more quality brewpubs go in along the EST. New Realm has a great view, but the beer is underwhelming. Orpheus is a neat location as well, but again, I'm not a huge fan of the beer (nor atmosphere). I'm envious of the new 3 Taverns Imaginarium opening up at Atlanta Dairies, West End, heck even a handful outside the city. Variant, Pontoon, Cherry Street, and Wild Leap would all be incredible to have intown. A nice thing about Charlotte is a lot of their breweries are opened up along their LRT & rail trail, making it easy to get from one to the other.

I would love for the area around Krog Street Tunnel and Edgewood Ave to get a wave of breweries and brewpubs. Turn the parking lot next to krog street, part of studioplex, stoveworks, buildings housing rathbun steak or sampson lofts to a brewery... Lots of these areas could be a charming fit.