View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 22, 2013, 8:59 PM
Meh

Well here's one for 78745. A few months ago I noticed the trees were cleared from a lot at 6500 Manchaca Road. This is located between William Cannon & Stassney.

I had searched for anything related to it on the city's site plan review website, but didn't find anything. Yesterday, though, I was riding past the lot with my camera and snapped a few photos. Today I did a search for the property again, and there's an updated site plan review from this month. It also has a link to the older site plan, which I didn't realize existed, but apparently this project goes back to 2009.

Anyway, from the site plan it has a building elevation that shows the height as 59 feet 6 inches with 4 floors. The site plan says they're planning 4 vertical mixed use buildings. The property is 6.3 acres, so it's pretty big and has approximately 600 feet of frontage along Manchaca Road.

That's comparable to what's already in the area. The South Austin ACC Campus is just north of there on Stassney and is 55 feet with 3 floors. That building was even supposed to be taller, 62 feet with 4 floors, but they scaled it down.

Site plan review is here. The building elevation is in the first link. I'm wondering if they'll stick with that plan. This says they're asking for a revision to the original.

https://www.austintexas.gov/devrevie...erRSN=10880075

The apartments in the back are accessed by a driveway from Manchaca Road that runs south of this property.

They still haven't removed the pile of trees yet, but they do have those construction borders up near the sidewalk.