View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I can see its appeal in the London, NYC, Hong Kong type places with sky high rents, but in Winnipeg, a city where you can share a decent apartment with someone for $500 a month, I'm not so sure.
Honestly I'm totally for it. Winnipeg's tendency is to deny a market trend until the last possible second. The consumer also still requires a certain amount of time to understand a product once it's active in the market place.

So if Wpg waits 10 years to do what Toronto is, it will still need a year to "get it" once it hits the market. So why not test the market and see if we're more ready than we thought? It's a tall ask to demand developers to do this, but the market is strong, the market is younger and more adaptable, and in an age where technology makes distances shrink and everybody travels, we're not as disconnected from major trends.

I'd say we're ready for this and the developer recognizes this. Crossing my fingers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardTH View Post
I don't know if it's been a while since you've rented but it's unlikely that a 2-bedroom for $1k/month is going to be "decent". You could probably find a pretty good 1-bedroom for that price.
Agreed. Rents have been moving up across the country.