View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 14, 2020, 1:46 PM

I'm not sure what to think of this topic; I think there are plans to turn Market Street into a two way street the entire length; however Walnut and Chestnut streets are narrow so that may be a problem because there are already congested with 2 lanes in the same direction so one lane in each direction may be a problem.

A big problem and this has been on my mind for a while now isn't about planters in the middle of the streets like Broad Street and Market Street because it would make the streets look better; Park Avenue versus 5th Avenue; two way versus one way. What concerns me more is the streets themselves. Philadelphia has narrow streets and you can't widen them; we have sidewalks that need to be wide; we have parking; we have bike lanes and its keeps the streets narrow and to a degree there is nothing wrong with it but the more the city builds up; the more congested the city will become. If more people move to Philadelphia and the city continues to e vibrant which we want; then the congrestion will come and I'm not sure if we have a way to really address it.