View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 5:32 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklunder13 View Post
There are so many exciting things happening in SA but one thing that I think is lacking is an entrepreneurial spirit in the nightlife sector of things. Cities are planning for the millenial because they are the future of the city and that's what is making Austin so appealing and successful. SA needs to start thinking outside of the box. I moved to NYC from SA three years ago and am now living in Paris and have come across so many successful ways in which to keep the young people excited about their city. SA needs some kind of nightlife culture and more art collectives. I feel like St. Paul Square is an area that could be the perfect place. Yes, St. Mary's strip is getting better and better but that is a strip of just a couple bars. These things obviously take time, and I think it will get there. But SA needs to appeal to a wider audience, most specifically young professionals and college students.
When was the last time you were in SA? The Strip is a lot more than a couple of bars. It's grown and evolved tremendously in the last couple of years. Now, aside from the bars and music venues, those have even changed, there are some really good restaurants.

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; Mar 17, 2017 at 11:10 PM.