View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 31, 2020, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
No, the city isn’t meant to have a level, flat skyline. One of the issues with the Hudson Yards is the lack of variation in the heights. In a couple of years, you will have 6 or more buildings in close proximity to one another of more or less 1,000 ft. 30 Hudson won’t be part of that pack, but it’ll just be head above water. This building will stand out more, and become a welcome counter balance to the WTC on the opposite side. Towers like 45 Broad and maybe even 250 Water Street will also add to it.
Well it's been consistent for decades at that level be shame to ruin it. I'd hardly call that part a flat skyline either. In terms of the classic Brooklyn Bridge shot I think it would just look ridiculous to jump from 700ft to 1400ft. However I have no issues from any other vantage point. It will stand out seeing as it would be the last tall building of that group.

maybe not as tall as that but still

Though for me really 1WTC like the Twin Towers should be the focal point of Lower Manhattan. 1WTC doesn't come close to the clout or presence of the Twins so will gradually lose it's present amongst taller buildings to come. Perhaps they will sort out that twig finally.

But yeh Hudson Yards, as a concept is pretty awesome but visually it's hardly classic New York or any skyline.

Last edited by SkyHigher; Mar 31, 2020 at 8:15 PM.