View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 5, 2019, 6:12 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
I can’t tell you who is on this board or reads these posts or monitors these threads. But I can’t tell you none of the people who post here regularly do nor was the comment I quoted and responded to directed at them. You made a gross generalization about something no one you directed towards has any control over.

Also, as I’ve stated before, you’re smart enough to know a developer is only going to build a project that maximizes their ROI. If they think replacing residential units with retail will get them the best ROI, then they will. You seem to live in a world where you think developers in SA or in general don’t do their due diligence and are just completely against ground floor retail for the sake of it.

Bottom line, you keep preaching to the choir with a case of instant amnesia because you then repeat the same rhetoric in the same thread or in a different thread on a different date.

I don’t mean to come off as mean or rude, but I’m not a fan of beating this dead horse. Just my two pennies.
I respect your opinion. Thanks for the compliment. You are obviously an intelligent person too.

If you re-read the very first sentence of my post you'll see that I very specifically made the point of not generalizing about people and expressed the sentiment that I hoped nobody would be offended. Apparently you were, and for that I am sorry.

So we obviously agree about the importance of retail in urban residentials. I'd say that the two of us are among the elder statesmen on this forum, along with others. As such, I feel it is my responsibility to sometimes lay out our shared belief to younger members the value of retail. If one young person comes away with the message, then it is worth it. If you don't want to read it, then don't read it. For what it's worth, since I first began speaking about retail in this way a couple years ago, I have noticed that others who had previously disagreed, or at least didn't vocally agree, have since done so. So it seems as though it has been having a positive effect.

If you were to look through every post I've made on this forum, you'll see that the percentage of times I speak of retail is actually very low. I'm not asking you to do that... I'm just making the point.

This will be the last I say about it in this series of replies. I hope you have a nice day.