View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 28, 2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin View Post
I agree with trueviking. I can dig the height, and the addition of density to the area. I also think it will be a decent compliment to the skyline, at least from a couple vantage points. Oh, and I like the podium. It makes the building look more accessible and inviting.

But damn, I think these design renders look horribly bland and uninspired. The towers of Fort Garry I, II, and III all have a similar exterior colour scheme, and I suspect this boring building will simply blend in and be lost beneath the neighbouring towers. I would like to see more colour, or at least the liberal use of a colour that would contrast / compliment the surrounding beige and Tyndall Lime. And perhaps a more iconic roof would allow the building to be noticed. Everyone knows that flat roofs are so 2011, and the sexiest style this season is clearly slanty and curvy, regardless of the cost.

I would have also liked to see more glass and transparency, and a lot more vegetation and greenery incorporated within the project.

Other than that, at least I'm pleased that the core is getting a new high rise, and no iconic or important historical building was demolished to provide the space.

Remember, my views are flawless, because I am essentially perfect in every way that matters. You can look it up!
(psst tv was referring to the bow in calgary man lol)

your post is still relevant to Heritage Landing though!