View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 1:51 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Dude, Natural gas is in literally thousands of products you use all the time. Even if you stopped all energy uses (which you wont as its one of the most cost effective ways to produce lots of electricity) it would still be vital to how your life functions.

Its one of the most important resources on earth:
Exactly. Thank you for bringing reason into this thread.

Similar to how folks say we should stop using oil. WELL... they fail to realize that oil is not just used for gasoline, but for a plethora of uses. Plastics, synthetic material which are used everywhere. Oil based products are also used in the healthcare industry. Petrochemicals and their derivatives. The list of their uses goes on. A lot of modern society, the items we use, would not be possible without oil.

Like natural gas, it is also one the cleanest fossil fuels out there.

So IDK what these folks want to be honest. They want to ban nuclear power, the want to get rid of petrochemicals and oil... but I guess they will have plenty of time to think about it.... WHEN they are living in a van down by the river!

The use of the action of "banning" always seems to be the remedy to a lot of issues.

I can understand the use of solar energy, that I get, for homes or businesses, but folks... unless there are advances in something some of you might not know, called "material science", things like oil will remain important, and natural gas will remain a key component in our energy portfolio until advances in tech allow for items or applications to use lower wattage and energy consumption.

With that said, I hope that we do realize that natural gas is still a key component in many sectors. Massive economic damage will result if more cities or even states follow suit, and the uses for some of our daily products will be effected.

Fortunately, seems to be isolated to pockets of California, but possibly instead of minimal effective solutions, how about tackling the traffic and congestion issue. The housing issue.

This is doing nothing but once again, adding more requirements and codes... and are why developers and residents are bailing the state.

Its why policy has to be a long term implementation for it to truly be effective, and most importantly, cost effective towards both residents and the business environment.