View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2008 View Post
I'm a little surprised that this is just a standard apartment at this location, there are taller and better things happening north and south of this on Broadway. Of course there are some things proposed and built years ago that are of similar height but it seemed like development was starting to push past that on Broadway proper and I was hoping most of the 4-5 story residential stuff would start being on secondary streets. I'm extremely excited that things are moving forward though! Slightly afraid of the number of developments in the inner city that will be exempt from SAISD taxes... I'm thinking San Pedro north of 35 will be a hotspot soon, so much empty land and an improving connection to downtown with the roundabout opening!
I think the San Pedro corridor north of IH 35 is going to be extremely vital to the future of SA because it is targeted as a high capacity transit corridor. If SA is going to go the route of "Transit-Oriented Development," San Pedro would be a no-brainer because it's wide and links up with a park-and-ride facility at North Star Mall. If I was the city, I would be looking to pile on all the density it can handle.

Additionally, Fredericksburg just outside of downtown could use a massive economic boost. Lot's of potential there as well.