View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
I dunno, am I the only one who actually likes those designs? It looks like the detailing, if accurate in the renderings, will be what makes those buildings special. The coffered window surrounds, heavy masonry podium with patterns in the brickwork, that beautiful arch. At leas tthis is all for the curved building. The last rendering with the multiple barrel vaults is intriguing too. Recalls 60's formalist design that much of Hemisfair '68 was designed with. -

Sure, there's nothing outlandish here like a Frank Gehry or Daniel Libeskind-esque deconstructivist monster, but I think this is a hell of a lot more exciting and different than your typical shiny, boxy glass clusters you see just about everywhere else.

It seems these designs really have texture, mass, and intricate detailing - something you rarely see anymore.
I LOVE it. The detail is going to be what really sets this apart--I want more renderings of the ground level!!! There appear to be lots of trees and tunnels and RETAIL! It's going to be so vibrant!