View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 26, 2007, 2:41 PM
BANNED

For museums and Opera Houses, theaters, cinema, there are a lot of examples. The Kunsthaus in Graz is a very good example how different could be. Also the Gaudi bldgs for its time were something different, as different is also example of futuristic, as uncommon comparing with the most bldgs looks like in the same city. So, considering that The Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao is a good example for sculptor-surrealistic-futuristic
also the Opera House in Sydney is still futuristic in some views as it is very strange, shells from nature pointed at beach

I particularly see Gaudi Buildings not that futuristic, but surrealistic like Salvador Dalí in Bldgs, because the Buildings of Gaudi are Sand sculptors like these ones castles we usually make on the beach in coast. They are not physical bldgs in appearance, they seem to be fluid in some way among the fingers of God, constructing buildings of sand and water. A type of coloids ones. It is like the Oscar Niemeyer buildings. They are big sculptors to be use as bldgs, as they really are more artistic than functional ones. I don't know. So, I do not see Gaudi and Oscar Niemeyer bldgs as futuristic. They are only too different for its time, but I do not see Star Wars, Jetsons, Babylon 5, Alien or Startrek constructions on them....
When the form of the bldg calls organs, nature shapes and all different than boxes of concrete, glass and square harmonic forms, we call something different-futuristic in some timeline...
Artistic, not futuristic: Gaudi ones

Oscar Niemeyer ones

Last edited by M.K.; Jan 26, 2007 at 3:00 PM.