View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 9, 2012, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybackribs2314 View Post
I don't think we will have to wait long. As mentioned, 225 W57th is a likely candidate in Midtown, but several of the plots at the center of the Hudson Yards rezoning have FARs so high (roughly 30 I believe?) that it will be inevitable.

Manhattan West could even be a candidate. All the images released to date are just massings of what could be built. Brookfield's towers will be asking for more in rent than Related's as well, which is why their design will have to be superior. Related has set the bar fairly high with HY, but recall that Brookfield's rejected design for the HY was actually spectacular and by far the favorite. I wouldn't count that out quite yet.

What would be REALLY great is the demolition of the NY Daily News HQ and replacing it with an icon. There's well over 2 million SF of development rights with the demolition of the building, and it's both ugly and antiquated. I do believe they plan on renovating, but it should really be demolished, it's so terrible.
I saw a render for the reclad and renovation for NY Daily News and it looks decent. Of course it would be nice to see a skyscraper there, but after it is redone it may be a decent filler building that does not block out Hudson Yards.