View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2007, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek loves SD View Post
^its not a sex toy, but it isnt classy IMO...it basically just screams attention at me...and not in a good way...
I think the 'sex toy' comment was referring to a project in Chicago..

And as for the attenion part, I think that's the one of the strengths of the project. Most skylines in the US (even some of the more impressive ones) have very little that identify them from the others. Not to belittle anything here but how many average people could tell the difference between the skylines of Tampa and San Diego?

With this project, Louisville will have a defining landmark building from which it can create a unique image around.

Do I think it will become as iconic as projects such as the arch in St. Louis? No

However, unlike projects such as that (or even the Space Needle), I think this tower opens the door for future projects in the city to follow the lead set by this building. From an architect's standpoint, Louisville is seen as a city that is open and accepting to new ideas and change.

And that is PRECISELY the image the developers were trying to convey in the first place.