View Single Post
Old Posted May 23, 2007, 6:12 AM
Meh

I don't want to keep the arguing going, but I will say that I felt the same general way that Goldenboot did/does. I just didn't say anything about it because I didn't want to sound cynical or anti-San Antonio. I was cautious and skeptical but hopeful that this really is him. But the thing about the internet to remember is that it's totally annonymous and anyone can be on here. Broke down janitor, or millionaire banker. Trust me, I've seen it, this forum has had all kinds of people: good, bad, true and fake, honest and liar, poor and rich.

I'm also cautious to just jump in with both feet whenever I see or hear something. It's just something you come to learn and get used to on the internet.

The thing is if a project is "rumored" and you have these rumors happening over and over again about projects that may not even be real or have very little chance of seeing the light of day, then they never come about, that could look bad on the city that they're supposedly planned for. Multiple times of that and it can look bad on the city, and the credibility of people posting about it. Now, I'm in no way suggesting that these hotels are fake, or trying to discredit anyone's news, just saying that sometimes it's not always best to get overly excited about something that may not ever happen. There are some projects that have been mentioned in Austin, (in the media), and I haven't paid much mind to them until I see some firm evidence that they're on track to actually happening. Even the nice big ones that have been quiet I tend to put out of my mind until they make their move. In other words, I don't want to be let down if they never happen. Some projects that are talked about in the newspaper don't give enough details about the project thus making me think they don't have a firm concept going yet on it. So with those I don't even bother with adding them to the compilation lists.

As for the San Antonio bashing goes, I don't believe that Goldenboot was bashing San Antonio or even attacking anyone's credibility or source, just remaining skeptical and objective to things. Although his comment was a bit in your face, I think he was spot on in pointing out at how ridiculous rumors can become if they're allowed to be and if everyone falls for it. Of course let's all be optimistic about stuff and enjoy what we're here for - skyscrapers!