View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 9, 2015, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjv007 View Post
In this case, I would just say accept what comes and the development it brings. We need to pick our battles and not complain about every project that's under 100%. Let's save the complaints for projects like 1919 Market.
I totally disagree wIth saving the complaints for 1919 Market. 1919 Market replaced an embarrassing grass field that had been undeveloped for decades. And honestly, it's turning out to be a pretty decent looking albeit undersized tower. It's not the best thing in the world but it's a hell of a lot better tHan what was there before.

This isn't replacing an empty field. This is replacing an amazing piece of architecture that was destroyed so that this building could exist. This project has really big shoes to fill and if it fails to impress it should be severely criticized. I was all for the partial demolition of the Boyd when I thought it was leading to a beautiful skyscraper. If this project is a turd I would have rather it just not been built and the Boyd was still there with at least the possibility that it could be restored one day.