View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 11:52 PM

Rose Quarter/OCC/Hotels Zone/Lloyd Center

Since the days of placing the possible MLB Stadium at the PPS site I have been following this from afar (spent time helping the MLBtoPDX group(2003?)). I don't like the westside stadium on the river because of the lack of transit.

Now if we can work toward a placement of the MLB Stadium on the central or eastern side of the Lloyd Center(LC) site we could see a Rose Quarter to LC entertainment zone that could support events at all three major venues. Hotels/Condos/Apartments could be zoned for the areas around the three venues. Restaurants/Grocery Stores/Coffee Shops/Nike Stores everywhere on the first or top floors. And lots of parks for those people who could care less about conventions/sports/concerts.

I sure like the idea of making most of the streets narrow or non-auto corridors. Grid pattern blocks could be just a little larger than downtown. Increases the possibility for taller buildings (would bring in more developers). Portland's tallest will be at LC and entertainment will be the magnet in the creation of Portland second downtown. A 5,000 seat concert venue is also possible (I think it was talked about inside the Lloyd Center???).

Someone working that zone could have work every day and night of the week.

EastsideView