View Single Post
Old Posted May 31, 2020, 2:25 AM

Final weekend of summer 2019: Provincetown (Ptown)

I spent the final weekend of summer 2019 in Provincetown for my friends' wedding. The weather was absolutely picture perfect from start to finish. It was my first time visiting Ptown and I ADORED it! From the stories I've heard and the videos I've seen, the place is packed from Memorial Day to Labor Day... but visiting 3 weekends later made for a very pleasantly relaxing experience. Can't wait to go back!

I flew in the night before and stayed in Boston before catching the fast ferry from downtown.

The seas were quite rough for the boat ride to Ptown. I've never been seasick before but had to lay my head down on a table and focus on careful measured breathing to keep from getting sick. Everyone on the boat was very quiet and trying hard to keep their stomachs settled. It was quite a relief to get off the boat and on the dock in Ptown!

My friends and I promptly headed off the Race Point Beach on the northern side of the peninsula to enjoy the beautiful late morning along the coast.

Now back to the center of town to check in to my little bed & breakfast for the next 4 days/3 nights. Such a cute little backyard oasis!

Then off to lunch with a nice view from the inside bar. We sat outside.

Now time to explore the town.

This is where my friends wedding would be held 2 days later, The Red Inn.

The sun sets on my first day in Ptown.

The next morning I headed out for some coffee and further exploration.

Pretty awesome treehouse!

I spent the afternoon hiking out to the tip of Cape Cod.

At the tip!

Friday night was the welcome dinner and fun out at the bars. The next day several of the wedding guests headed to the Pilgrim Monument to check out the views.

After the monument, I spent a little more time wandering about. Such quaint little corridors here in Ptown!

Now time for the wedding.

The ceremony was held on this deck with the lovely view of the harbor.

Following the wedding and a late night full of partying, I woke up the next morning desperately in need of coffee. This shop offered up a nice view while I sipped on my cappuccino.

Time for a little more wandering around town before catching the late afternoon ferry back to Boston.

And so ends my long weekend in Provincetown. Fortunately the fast ferry back to Boston was much smoother than the trip out. At some point (hopefully sooner than later) I'll have some time to post my photos from Boston (edited: photo thread here). Hope you enjoyed this little peak at Ptown. I loved it there!

Last edited by OhioGuy; Jun 12, 2020 at 2:42 AM.